After the success of the inaugural ‘The Only Way is Indie’ event, held at Nottingham Writers’ Studio in February 2016 and organized by publishers Dr Teika Bellamy of Mother’s Milk Books and Sara-Jayne Slack of Inspired Quill, another TOWII event is happening. And this time it’ll be even better and bigger! ‘The Only Way is Indie 2017’ will be an excellent opportunity for writers and readers to meet with book and literary magazine publishers, to chat with editors and to better understand the indie publishing scene.
What did people think of last year’s event?
‘Very informative – reassuring. Useful insight into the industry
from a passionate panel.’ Lauren Terry
‘[It was useful] to hear how the indie publishers work with writers and form relationships. Also to hear how they see their niche…’ Lytisha
‘…nice to know publishers who are INTERESTED.’ David R. Thompson
Bird’s Nest Books was delighted to be involved last year and we are very much looking forward to this year’s event. If you are at all interested in the ins and outs of indie publishing, you’re sure to find it a fascinating day.
Sessions planned are:
- How Publishing Works & A Day in the Life of an Indie Press Founder
- Illustrators, Artists, Photographers & Their Role in Indie Presses
- Submitting Poetry & Prose to Literary Magazines and Writing Competitions
- Getting About in Poetry World
- For Short Story Writers, Novelists & Non-fiction Writers: Submitting, Editing & the Indie Press
- How to Get Published by an Indie Press & The Role of an Author
Full details of the day’s schedule can be found here.
All of the publishers are giving their time for free, so the fees will help to cover the travel costs of the publishers, room hire etc. Price: £22 concessions, £26 Nottingham Writers’ Studio members, £30 non-members.
[maxbutton id=”7″ ]